Out & About on the Mornington Peninsula
Whether you are up for an adventure or keen for some well deserved chill time, the Mornington Peninsula has much to offer. Yurt Hideaway is located centrally on the Southern Peninsula, giving you easy access to an array of unique and memorable experiences.
With so much to choose from, you’ll find something you’ll love.
A Good Little Thing Cafe
The Kitchen, Bistro, Bar and Courtyard
Hunter plant-based café
Del Posto 2409, authentic Italian
Nepa Bliss, Indian & Nepalese
Xpress Gourmet Pizza & Pasta, takeaway & delivery
Sound Bar, pub meals and live music
Merchant & Maker, an award winning café in McCrae
Banksia Wine Room, for food and wine lovers
Alatonero, authentic Greek cuisine in McCrae
Continental Hotel in Sorrento with three restaurants to choose from.
There are many food experiences to explore, including spending time in Sorrento or Red Hill, discover more.
Relax & Unwind
- Private Yoga class at Yurt Hideaway, book your class as an optional extra for your stay.
- Peninsula Hot Springs, a favourite of our guests
- Alba Thermal Springs, peninsula’s newest hot springs experience.
- Natures Wellness Massage, recommended by our guests! Anna & Sue provide therapeutic, restorative & invigorating couples massage
- Yoga in the Park, outdoor yoga in various locations during summer
- Markets, wander around local markets
Boutique Wine, Beer & Spirts
The peninsula has such an abundance of wineries, breweries and distilleries that we recommend booking a day with a local guide.
For The Love of Grape offers private tours, 100% tailored to you. They will even pick you up and drop you off at Yurt Hideaway.
For a local drop:
See what’s on offer at the collective of local makers in Dromana, including:
- Wild Adventures Melbourne, awe-inspiring eco adventures, full & half tours
- Living Culture Guided Walk & Meditation, experience areas rich with cultural significance, native flora & fauna with local indigenous guides.
- Gunnamatta Trail Rides, including riding along Gunnamatta beach
- Moonraker Dolphin Swims, swim up close with the dolphins & seals that live in the bay
- Timeout Fishing Charters, from Rye Pier
- Bayplay Adventure Tours, equipment hire (kayaks, bikes, SUPs) and activities
- Capel Sound Foreshore (Tootgarook), just 900m walk from the yurt. Take a dip in the shallow aqua waters or take a stroll along the beach.
- Rye Pier, stroll the long pier or grab your gear to snorkel underneath
- Number 16 Beach, visit this ocean beach at low tide to swim in the stunning rock pools and see “dragons head”
- Bushrangers Bay, a beautiful afternoon or morning hike of medium intensity and length.
- Explore more walks on the Mornington Peninsula
- Explore more local beaches
- Hawks Farm Gate, fresh fruit, veg and local goodies.
- Montino Delicatessen, for a picnic or deli plate with a great selection local products too.
- Independent Wine Store, local boutique bottle shop with a huge selection of wines.
- Rosebud West Coin Laundry, the local laundromat in Capel Sound.
- Woolworths Rye is the closest supermarket, if you are up for a drive Richies IGA Dromana is awesome!
- Local tip: consider doing an extra 15 minute drive to Woolworths Rosebud Central to avoid the crowds at Rye.